Sunday 22 January 2012

Week Eleven – catching my breath

17th January 2012
                                     
As the tardiness of my latest blog post attests I have been busy in recent weeks, or at least focussing my attentions in the wrong places. My vow to myself in moving here was that I must make the most of my time, and part of that is making the time to write. As well as the blog I try to write a personal journal which ideally should help me to organise my feelings and monitor my emotions. Both have suffered in recent weeks, and though it is true to say that I am busy, I am no more so than I was before Christmas. If this is a confessional now, then I must tell you that a significant proportion of this time lag is due to the pub... as it is a part of the farm family I feel as though supporting it is good for us all... Really it just offers another time out, but one that ultimately takes it out of me rather than giving back.

So in this my eleventh (?) perhaps actually twelfth week I will make a public promise to myself to manage my time more effectively (perhaps I will encounter the same problems here I did in the city).  I started local yoga classes two weeks which I hope will go some way to keeping my mind and body in order. Despite what some may think my time on the farm is not a year out or an escape from life, it is important to me that my time is spent wisely and that at the end of a year I have something to show for it. I read about farming and the food system as often as I can and try to keep my plans for the future at the forefront of my mind making sure that this is all ultimately leading in the right direction.

And finally I suppose being less hard on myself for all of the above will ultimately be the kindest way to help myself to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment